Unit-1 Writing Paragraphs-1
The aim of this unit is to help you in a systematic manner to write good paragraphs.
In the following exercise we have given you a topic sentence, the title, as well as some notes which might help you develop a paragraph. As you develop your paragraph, use only those points which will support the topic sentence and leave out the rest. Your paragraph should not be more than 100 words.
The Secret of the Cockroach's Survival
Topic Sentence : The cockroach is one of the earth's oldest creatures, older than even the dinosaurs.
- survived because it can live anywhere .........
from coldest to warmest climate ...........
city as well as forest ............
- cockroach is a clean insect
- can eat anything, including flower-buds, paint, soap, wood .........
- some species are large, others are small
- can even live without food and water for months
- usually black or brown in colour.
- keeps off predatory animals because of dirty smell from scent glands